We believe that children experience the greatest growth when they
feel secure and wanted. Therefore, We at Precious Cargo Childcare Center
will provide a warm, caring, comfortable and safe environment for our
children. Together, we will establish routines that are predictable and
consistent. All children will be treated with gentleness, honesty and
respect. We will encourage them to treat others in the like manner.
Our classrooms cultivate an unbiased atmosphere where children and
parents are encouraged to challenge their individual paradigms and
subsequently see society through a lens that celebrates diversity of
thought and culture. We are committed to children learning and believe
that educators are important role models.
Therefore, we use modeling as a vital tool in our classrooms. To
maintain an atmosphere where children feel comfortable and confident, we
use constructive guidance and positive reinforcement. We feel it is
also necessary to establish and clearly define reasonable limits with
logical consequences. The children are encouraged to take ownership in
shaping our classroom dynamics through openly sharing their work, ideas
and personalities which will enrich their peers and foster their
Precious Cargo Childcare Center advocates open communication with parents, for they ultimately play the most vital role in their child’s intellectual development. As much as we love to care for and guide children, we believe that parents should also be encouraged to be active participants in their children’s education. Parents and teachers share a common priority: providing the best that they possibly can for the child. Working together, we believe that optimum development will be obtained.
- Acknowledging the parents and children by greeting them;
- Being the best caregivers we can be;
- Continuing to grow as professionals and to be positive role models;
- Exceeding the developmentally appropriate guidelines and Minimum Standards for Licensed Child-Care Homes, established by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Service;
- Providing a healthy, safe and secure environment for children and staff;
- Supporting social and emotional development through positive guidance and interaction;
- Establishing a good self-image in each child by providing an environment that encourages independence, decision making, and problem solving;
- Developing caring and sharing partnerships with all parents. Communication is provided through our website, newsletters, daily report forms, daily conversations, and parent-teacher conferences;
- Instilling a greater sense of self-worth and encouraging self-confidence.